## Berlin Hack & Tell \#75 - Open Hard[ware] Hacks
We start 19:15 *sharpIsh*
1. Intro (this)
1. Slots 0..3
1. Flea market (everything goes)
1. Slots 4..7
1. Vote at the end and Wanderpokal
1. (TBA) Black light table tennis
1. Be excellent to each other
1. You get 5 minutes to present in English
1. You or your team should have built it yourself
1. People get 5 minutes Q&A afterwards
1. NO PURE SLIDEDECKS, no pitches, only demos + code
1. Show us code!!! (reasonable exemptions may be possible)
1. Entertain us!
![Hack and Tell Trophey](/assets/images/trophy.jpg)
## What is Open Source Hardware
## OSHW MUST
* Allow anyone to study, modify, distribute, make, and sell the hardware.
* Provide publicly accessible design files and documentation (the source).
* Clearly specify what portion of the design, if not all, is being released under the license.
* Not imply that derivatives are manufactured, sold, warrantied, or otherwise sanctioned by the original designer.
* Not use the trademarks of other companies without permission.
* Not be released as non-commercial or no derivatives.
## OSHW MAY
* Require attribution be given.
* Use the open source hardware logo to signify their hardware follows the open source hardware definition.
* Require derived works to carry a different name or version number from the original design.
* Be copied directly or have derivitives created from it.
* Require a viral license.
## First Arduino (2005)
## Arduino Pro IDE (alpha preview)
* Dark Mode
* Arduino CLI
* Eclipse Theia IDE (Electron)
## EU Right to Repair Appliances
https://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-19-5895_en.htm | https://repair.eu/
Credit: Krashenitsa Dmitrii/Shutterstock.com
## Ken Thompson's Unix Password
From: Nigel Williams <email@example.com>
Subject: Re: [TUHS] Recovered /etc/passwd files
ken is done:
took 4+ days on an AMD Radeon Vega64 running hashcat at about
930MH/s during that time (those familiar know the hash-rate
fluctuates and slows down towards the end).
## News from the audience
Open Source, the next version of XY, politics...
This slide is intentionally left blankIsh